This medicine is used for reduction of total cholesterol, LDL-Cholesterol, apolipoprotein B and triglycerides in primary hypercholesterolemia(high level of cholesterol), heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia(high cholesterol levels) or combined hyperlipidemia( high levels of lipids). Reduce the risk of mortality and non fatal myocardial infarction(heart attack).
- Take with or without meals in evening.
- Take medication at same time each day.
- Contact prescriber if there is chest pain, muscle pain, weakness, dizziness, memory loss, depression, personality changes.
- Take low-fat, cholesterol-lowering diet.
Eglocard 20 mg
- Brand: Himont
- Generic: Simvastatin
- Dose: 20 mg
- Dosage Form: Tablets
- Pack Size: 10
- Pregnancy: Contraindicated in pregnancy.
- Adults: Initially 20 mg at night adjusting at minimum 4 wk intervals according to response. Usual range 80 mg daily a single dose at night.
- Children: 5-10 yr, initially 10 mg at night increased, if necessary, at intervals of at least 4 wk to max 20 mg at night.
Availability: 100 in stock